Booting from CD

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Wed Jan 26 12:45:59 MST 2005

<yellowdog-newbie at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>
> Subject: Re: Booting from CD
>
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:41:57 +1000
> joyn <treework at halenet.com.au> wrote:
>
> > G'day YDL types,
> >
> > Having lurked on this list for some time, I have to say that it is the
> > most polite and friendly list I have been on. Perhaps mac/Linux users
> > are just more enlightened and less inclined to aggression?
> >
> > Anyway my question for now is this. I am trying to install YDL
> > 2.something onto a PB G3 233, while waiting  for my YDL4 disks to
> > arrive from the states.

Hi There:
I would recommend that you forget about using YDL 2.x; it is completely
differnt from YDL 4 and you would just have to do the installation all over
again anyway.  Just work with whatever MacOS you have and just "bide your
time".  I used YDL 2.x and the experience you'll get from it is completely
different from even YDL 3.0, so YDL 4... you should get the picture.  Besides
for all the time you'll spend setting this or that and then getting used to it
on YDL 2.x it will all be useless anyway because it is nothing like how the
current versions of the applications which come with YDL work!

This is a good time to do something nice... like meditate or have fun while you
wait for YDL 4.  Fire up a grill -- have a few scantily clad ladies over and do
something ELSE.

Pinch a few, you'll be glad you did...
You've got time...enjoy it!