Newbie MOL question

Krischan Keitsch keitsch at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 3 14:19:19 MST 2005

Hey!

You got it right - almost. Only thing missing is that you are still booting
the "old" (2.6.8-bla.bla) kernel. In order to boot with the appropriete
kernel you will need to edit the following file:

/etc/yaboot.conf

Add the following lines:

default=2.6.9 (this line defines the defalt kernel to boot)

image=/boot/vmlinux-2.6.9-1.ydl.8
 label=2.6.9
 read-only
 initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.9-1.ydl.8.img
 root=/dev/hda4
 append="rhgb quiet"

and set the default to the new kernel by running ybin:
login as root (switch to a terminal by pressing Crtl + Alt + F1 .. F6)
and run /sbin/ybin.

That's it! (Ah, reboot first ;-)

When MOL starts in full screen mode it uses F8 as default (Well, it does on my
iBook at least). You can switch back to F7 (where X is running) by pressing
Ctrl + Alt + F7.

Good luck.

Krischan