Newbie MOL question

Julie Sadler rustik at mac.com
Mon Feb 7 08:20:52 MST 2005

Hi
On Friday I tried the following:

I did the grep kernel...and found that I had 2 kernels listed.
As ROOT I didn't have permission to alter the /etc/yaboot.conf file.
I do remember going to that file prior to your email, thru someone's
suggestion I read on the web, thru emacs...i was able to open the file that
way this time and I added the new lines.
As Root again, I ran ybin/ -v and nothing happens. It returns my root
password and when I grep again, I find the same 2 kernels listed....I also
went back to the /etc/yaboot.conf to be sure the lines were added and yes,
they were there.

I also tried this from another suggestion.........
/sbin/ybin and also nothing.

Is something supposed to happen on this last step...cuz I don't see it!

Thanx again, J>