trouble compiling Please help -Do you have the -devel package installed?

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Thu Feb 10 14:28:16 MST 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:12:09 -0600
Kevin McMahon <butters at buttershome.com> wrote:

> when ever i try and configure an applet i get this message at the end
> and I do not know what it means. It seems everytime i try to install
> anything that message appears. Any help out there?
>
> checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check
> your installation and add the correct paths!
>
> It prevents me from installing anything... Please help

As a matter of fact, as soon as we are talking about compiling, the -devel packages
are a must so you probably need to install the -devel part of "X".
First, check if you have xorg-x11-devel installed:
 ]$ rpm -q xorg-x11-devel [enter]

If it say the package is not installed, tell yum to install it then try to compile again.
 ]$ yum install xorg-x11-devel