second drive for ydl 4.0 w/ yaboot

Natasha Geerts natasha at typeleft.com
Fri Feb 11 18:38:05 MST 2005

Hi, I'm really really new to this newbie list. I'm preparing to install
YDL 4.0 on my G4 tower w/ Mac OS x.

Why is it that it's better to install YDL on the first drive on the IDE
chain, jumpered as Master, and have Mac OS x on the second drive and
jumpered as Slave? Is it ok to reverse them? If not, why not? and if
so, what kinds of problems can arise? Is it something I can get around
some other way?

I've searched the net but the only place I've found it mentioned at all
is in the YDL 4.0 install guide (and other YDl install guides) on
yellowdoglinux.com and that's all they say.

sitting in the smog,
Natasha