Apache & Tomcat

justinw.5607521 at bloglines.com justinw.5607521 at bloglines.com
Mon Feb 14 18:56:25 MST 2005

Yeah, mod_jk should work fine:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-doc/

Or it may be simpler in concept to configure mod_proxy.  Tomcat automatically
makes itself available via AJP (TCP port 8009) and HTTP (TCP port 8080).
mod_jk will run faster using AJP (or possibly even JNI), but mod_proxy, which
will just be HTTP, is compiled with Apache 2 by default, requiring no separate
compiling/installing.  Just gotta figure out how to use it.  :)

We use
mod_jk to connect to an instance of Tomcat5 integrated with JBoss..

Justin

--- Yellow Dog Linux Newbie List <yellowdog-newbie at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
wrote:
Hello all

>     Has anyone gotten apache 2 and Timcat 5.5 talking
to each other.

>     I can get them both working separately but not
with each other

>     I have searched the net and found something called
mod_jk, but I am not
> sure as to what that does
>
> Thanks for any help
in this matter