Mounting the Linux Drive in Mac OS X

Ray astrochess at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 20 21:49:44 MST 2005

> (By the way, if you go so far as to try both ext2fsx and Ext2
> Filesystem, we would love to have a comparison report on this mailing
> list!)
>
> Best wishes,
> Clint

Clint, from what I can see, ext2fsx (Mac OS X Ext 2 Filesystem) is the
only software for Mac OS X for viewing Ext2 or Ext3 filesystems. The
program seems a bit buggy, howevever, in that I cannot override
permissions on the volumes. I can edit my linux home folder, but that's
all that I can change (even with permission override on and automount
off). Preferences in general (besides mounting and unmounting) do not
work. Otherwise, the software works great!