Display question

Marilyn Fulper fulpermarilyn at uams.edu
Wed Feb 23 11:59:28 MST 2005

Hi,

I am new to the list and am not sure if my subscription has been accepted or
not, but thought  would try because I am under a deadline.

I think I have loaded Yellowdog 4.0.1 on a mac mini. I have rebooted and
that's about as far as I have gotten.  I can't read my monitor...the image
is vibrating so fast, I can't really see what to do. I used  the text
install because of this issue but now I can't see do do anything else.  The
monitor is an old 17 inch mac monitor.  I have a newer 15 inch flat screen
but it  doesn't have the right  plug (ADC and I need DVI) The mini came with
an  adaptor but it is  VGA to DVI.

I think I can make out Yellowdog and  what may be a log in box underneath
but I have never worked with linux before so I am clueless. Is there  a way
to  leave the GUI and go to text?

Marilyn

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.