Display question

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 08:06:20 MST 2005

Theres certainly a proper way to get back to text mode, but when my
iBook had a corrupted display I found that killing X with
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace five times in a row returned you to a shell.

What you're seeing corrupted is gdm, the login manager. Your issues
woulds like a refresh rate issue with using a CRT monitor

Cian