yellowdog-newbie Digest, Vol 7, Issue 2

Julie Sadler rustik at mac.com
Wed Mar 2 14:45:20 MST 2005

The Basic Question:

IF I updated my kernel to a i686 AND I updated my modem driver to a
i586....AND it turns out my machine is a i586....does this mean

€ I cannot go back to the proper kernel for a i586? Do I need to?
€ This may be preventing the modem from seeing the driver?
€ I should do the rpm updates and let the system update networking before I
freak out?

€ I have to reload the whole thing again?

I am so newbie. I have no clue where to start.
My modem is a soft modem hsf....type.
First I had to update the kernel to a 16 stack...and this was where the
above kernel mishap happened but it did install it and I see that when it
boots up....and then I did the install of the conextant driver but my
machine still won't activate the modem. I really don't think it sees the new
driver.

Any clues?