[OT] tv show

Norberto Quintanar nquintanar at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 12:57:00 MST 2005

--- "rutledge.50" <> wrote:

> Hi folks, this is way OT, but I am going crazy...
> I have recently discovered the joy of surfing edonkey, and surfing
> people's captures of television programs...
> Seems dumb to use broadband just to watch more tv, but anyway...
> There was a show (when Tech TV was good) that was about unsung
> hacker
> heroes etcetera, and I have no idea what the title was.  I caught
> it a
> couple of times, and it appears to have been dropped.  I thought it
> had
> some word like "underground" or "hacker" or "nerd" or "geek"
> etcetera in
> the title.
> Video actually runs okay under xine on my 366 iBook :)
> Anyway, if anyone has a clue, I'd appreciate it.  I have quite a
> library
> of PPC/x86 Linux/BSD cd's, I'd mail somebody one or some...
> Thanks,
>
> Lincoln
>
> PS - Anybody watch Tech TV in '99/2000, when the 3 hour news show
> rode
> the dot com wave every midday, hosted by Erica whassername?  We
> want Leo
> Laporte back!

Words like "underground" or "hacker" or "nerd" or "geek" were in 90%
of the techtv titles.

To get your Erica fix:
<http://www.reallycoolsite.org/episode29/29tech14.htm>

Then go to their homepage:
<http://www.reallycoolsite.org/>
Surf their captures of the shows by season to find the specific show
your talking about.

Good Luck

Norberto