Where is pico?

Clinton MacDonald clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 12 08:27:04 MST 2005

Mr. Ward:

Colin Ward wrote:
> Anyways just installed YDL 4, all is well (apart from sound),
> just went to edit my video settings found I had no pico, it
> doesn't seem to be on the CD's either? What are others using
> for terminal editing? Where can I find a working pico for YDL4

I haven't upgraded to Yellow Dog Linux 4, yet, so take this with a grain
of salt: try looking for "nano," a pico work-alike (in fact, I could
never tell the difference between the two).

That being said, it is worth your while to learn at least the basics of
vi or emacs, since those two are universally installed (vi is slightly
more useful to learn, since the "visudo" program is required to add
users to the sudo list, and it is a modified version of vi).

Good luck!

Best wishes,
Clint