YDL Installation onto Mac OS X (HFS+) partitioned Drive: YDL disk icon disappears, unmounted and unseen.

Frederick C.Lee fclee at highstream.net
Thu Mar 17 23:41:42 MST 2005

Thanks for the Info!
I got the ext2sfx and managed to mount the Linux volume (partition).
However it didn't show up at boot (via alt key).

I noticed a mysterious volume (partition) adjacent to the Linux
partition; it couldn't mount.   The disk utility couldn't fix it
either.

IOKit Name: untitled
Device: disk0s4
Connection Bus: ATA
Connection Type: Internal
Ejectable: No
DVD/CD-ROM: No
Mount Point: Not Mounted
Writable: Yes
Filesystem: Unknown
Volume UUID:
Device Size: 4.00 KB (4,096 bytes)
Device Block Size: 512 bytes

I suspect this should have been the Apple boot disk.   The Linux volume
(partition) appears to be okay.   I'll work on it: try to re-install
the Apple boot-disk partition.

Ric.