Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 (Orion) Install on B&W G3

Sean Wells netsean at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 20:01:01 MST 2005

Hi,

I've been trying to install Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 on my B&W G3 300MHz
with 128mb of ram and a 4 gig hd.

When I try to boot off the CD it seems to try to boot from the CD but
then it falls back to the OS 9.1 instillation on the HD.  I tried
formatting the HD so there was no fall back os but then I got an
error:
default catch!, code=300 ... (I didn't write down the rest).
this error just repeats over and over filling up the whole screen.

So, I've been scouring the web looking for some information that might
help.  I read some posts of similar sound problems but they all had
old world roms and from what I've read my b&w g3 has a 'new world'
rom.

So, any ideas?  I know my CD's are good as I used them to install
Yellow Dog on my iBook just a few days ago.

Sean