Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 (Orion) Install on B&W G3

Norberto Quintanar nquintanar at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 08:28:10 MST 2005

--- Sean Wells <netsean at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to install Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 on my B&W G3
> 300MHz
> with 128mb of ram and a 4 gig hd.
>
> When I try to boot off the CD it seems to try to boot from the CD
> but
> then it falls back to the OS 9.1 instillation on the HD.

First, do you want a dual boot situation?  Second, when attempting to
boot from Cd, other than holding down C have you tried booting from
open firmware?  I.E at the Open Firmware prompt type

"boot cd:,\\yaboot"

And last but not least, reset the nvram.  For some reason Apple HW,
loves this partcular procedure.

Do you know if the OF has been upgraded on that particular machine?

Keep us posted