How can I share files between OS X and YDL?

Clinton MacDonald clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 20 17:16:18 MST 2005

Mr. Lee:

Frederick C.Lee wrote:
> I have YD Linux 4.0.1 on one drive and OS X on a different drive
> (one on external HD). I can see the Linux partition from OS X as '/'
> and can wonder into Linux territory. But I can't create a Public file
> any where within Linux without being a super user; and changing the
> owner doesn't work.

I am not quite sure *exactly* what you want to do, but look here for
some tips on an extension to invoke ext2 (Linux) filesystem support from
within Mac OS X:

<http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-newbie/Week-of-Mon-20050117/006601.html>

<http://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fsx/>

> Question: What is a simple way to allow sharing files between the two
> OSes?

You can also see your HFS+ (Mac OS) partitions from within Yellow Dog Linux:

<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_4.0/hfsplus.shtml>

If you have other questions not mentioned in those places, feel free to ask!

Best wishes,
Clint