How can I share files between OS X and YDL?

Frederick C.Lee fclee at highstream.net
Mon Mar 21 11:36:53 MST 2005

Thanks for the reply.
I've downloaded the ext2fsmanager cdev, installed it and clicked the
"Ignore Permissions" options.  Then I re-mounted the Linux drive.
But I still have the infamous 'Folder <public> can't be open because of
insufficient access privileges.'

Essentially, I need a way to transfer files from the OS X to the Linux
seamlessly, like Apple's iDisk.  It would be nice to have a virtual
folder on the desktop or doc as a portal to the Linux world.

I tried to burrow my way into the Linux world via Darwin and set
folders en route to FULL permission access.  Doesn't work. I would
think that "world access" to a file is sufficient to allow anyone.
Security isn't my concern.  Access Is.

I gave up on partitioning a single HD for both Linux and OS X.   OS X
kept stepping on Linux access and once I was in the OS X environment,
lost the boot hook to Linux.  Hence I reformatted the HD for just the
YD Linux with the OS X on an independent HD.

I have yet to figure out how to use the G4's internal modem within
Linux; so in the meantime, I could use the OS X for access to the
Internet and transfer files from OS X to Linux.
My goal is to develop OS X-savvy software based on Linux Open Source:
to use Linux to run its software from which I can design OS X native
code.

But I have this security crap to contend with.

Regards,
Ric.