How can I share files between OS X and YDL?

Frederick C.Lee fclee at highstream.net
Mon Mar 21 12:51:56 MST 2005

What I've managed to do, is to exchange files between Darwin and Linux
(and vice-versa, I believe).
It's a crude way of passing files, but I don't see a viable way.  The
Aqua Layer doesn't allow me access to Linux's "/usr/public" folder,
even though I had set the permission to '666' - r/w for all.

The other option via Linux: Having to mount one of a zillion /dev and
see if I can access OS X files from Linux appears daunting.

So the current de facto approach is to create symbolic links to each
other's "public" folders and let the Super Users handle the
transactions.

Ric.