"no screens found"

jimhoward32 at charter.net jimhoward32 at charter.net
Sun Mar 27 11:05:03 MST 2005

Hello, please someone help (or I'll cry).

We just bought Yellow Dog (4.0.1)from Terra Soft a few days ago.  We tried many times to install it (on an eMac PowerPC G4 that is about a year old).  When that didn't work, we tried installing 4.0.  We always get the same error after Anaconda starts running off the first installation disk:

Using config file: "/tmp/XF86Config.test"
Parse error on line 71 of section Monitor in file /tmp/XF86Config.test

The VertRetfresh keyword must be followed by a list of numbers or ranges [....]

Fatal server error:
no screens found

And then it exits the installation and tells us to reboot.

Can someone tell us what is wrong.  We were under the impression that Yellow Dog was supposed to install on standard Mac Hardware - did we miss something in the fine print?

Thanks,

Jim (and his son Jay, who already has to re-install all his games)