"no screens found"

Frederick C.Lee fclee at highstream.net
Sun Mar 27 12:05:20 MST 2005

Just a wild guess from a Neophyte.

It appears that the installation doesn't recognize the eMac's monitor.
Perhaps you're missing the appropriate monitor driver.  Just out of
curiousity, I wonder if you could attach an extra monitor (if you have
the port to do so) and reboot...the installation program would detect a
new peripheral and try to map it against what it understands.

In the meantime, perhaps Apple can help you determine where your driver
is.    I think that's the crux of the problem.

1) Attach an exterior monitor or
2) Speak with the Linux techos about eMac monitors.    I seems like an
obvious bug that should be easily remedied.

Ric.