can't install os x?

lacinda r xfurious_mindx at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 28 07:23:56 MST 2005

Hi Bob -

No, I didn't not create a partition for OSX before installing linux. I don't
mind wiping the disk and reinstalling - but shouldn't I be able to boot from
the OSX install disks even without a valid osx partition? ....

--Lacinda

-------
"nothing we can do can change the past, but everything we do changes the
future."
--ashleigh brilliant, writer/artist/pot-shots creator
http://www.cymry.org/~zag/       |     http://xfurious_mindx.livejournal.com

----Original Message Follows----

Hello Lacinda,

Did you create a partition for OS X before installing linux? It sounds as if
you did not - or if you did, you may have chosen the wrong partition type.
Unfortunately, I don't know of any partitioning tools in linux that will
allow you to create this partition now, so unless someone else can help, you
may need to start from scratch and partition properly before reinstalling
linux and then installing OS X.

Good luck!
-Bob