Sleep Mode on EMac?

jimhoward32 at charter.net jimhoward32 at charter.net
Sat Apr 2 23:46:29 MST 2005

Does anyone know how to enable sleep mode on an EMac with Yellow Dog?  I have been through all the menu options and have enabled everything, and still no luck.

With MAC OSX the eMac went to sleep whenever you wanted it to - and the white LED on front fades in and out showing that it's sleeping, not to mention the fan and harddrive shut down.

>From the Yellow Dog site they imply that the sleep feature is available - but how do you enable it?  We have the battery icon - even though it has no battery, and have enabled "sleep".  We also tried under the screen saver options.  But all to no avail - it just keeps on running.

Jim