ydlYellow Dog Linux 4.0.1 and imac g3

Adrian Tomasz Biskup atb78 at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Apr 21 14:46:08 MDT 2005

> is this release compatible and suitable for installing it on a imac g3 333mhz?

Well... I have G3 450 (DV+) and...

No, it's not good choice for iMac G3... I have installed 4.0.1... and I
have problems:

1. with start graphical interface during & after installation (but it's
a little error which you can repair "easy") - installation is obviously
in text mode

2. with sound (ALSA works better than in 4.0, but still not good - I
can't hear music from CD, or record something...)

3. with accessing to PENDRIVE (something is wrong with permissions, even
as a root I can't change...)

4. with installing speedtouch modem (ADSL)

5. doesn't see any tool for resizing & moving display

6. doesn't work MacOnLinux

So... I think I will install now UBUNTU. I tried that (from Live CD),
and it was working very good (graphics and sound), without any errors
:-)

Or maybe is someone who is able to solve this problems? Actually... show
me how to solve this problems...

Adrian