Installation agony

Robert Nuzum rnuzum at verizon.net
Fri Apr 22 21:09:56 MDT 2005

I  have an eMac with an external firewire drive. I am trying to install
ydl on this hard drive. When installing graphically I get the
documented error "no  screens found" and a parse error on line 71 of
/tmp/xF86 configtest. I have read some suggestions but cannot find this
file to change the refresh rate. When I try to install in text mode I
run up  against the hell of disk partitioning which fails on automatic
and also  using disk druid according to the manual. I previously
partitioned the disk using Disk Utility into two partitions and
reinstalled osx on the second partitions as suggested in the manual. I
tried to create a osx boot sector and it won't succeed with Disk Druid.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't have the purchased
support.
Thanks, Bob