Install

Clinton MacDonald clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 25 12:53:54 MDT 2005

Mr. Voll:

Ådne Voll wrote:
> I am new to YellowDog, and try to install it on a Mainstreet
> machine. I have a 4.0 version of YellowDog, and have used its
> installation manual to the point where the YelloDog CD 1 is
> supposed to be inserted. The system will not recognise the CD
> even though I have used it on an other machine with luck. What
> can be wrong?

By "Mainstreet," I think you mean you are installing Yellow Dog Linux on
an older PowerBook G3 laptop. The PowerBook G3 is an "Old World"
Macintosh, and thus you cannot install YDL 4.0 or newer on it without
additional steps. Here are a few posts from the List archives to get you
started:

<http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2005-March/018428.html>

<http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2004-December/016789.html>

Good luck!