Upgrading 4.0.1

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 13:41:13 MDT 2005

Jeff:

Hmm. That's an odd error. Are you using the default repositories for
yum? If so, the problem with the "official" repos is that they're
over-loaded.

Unfortunately terrasoft's server hasn't got the capacity to handle the
load (is that perhaps a limitation of yum?... I get the sense yum is
fast becoming a dirty word in the Linux world so perhaps it's a yum
limitation?).

If that's the problem, the fix is easy: pick a repository OTHER than
the default one. See the sharplabs FAQ for details on how to change
your yum.conf file (do a google for Sharplabs YDL FAQ and I'm sure
you'll find it).

Eric.