install ydl 4.01 on external firewire drive

Robert Nuzum rnuzum at verizon.net
Tue Apr 26 10:33:06 MDT 2005

I've asked for help here before but decided to renew request. I have a
120  gig external firewire drive which has been partitioned by Apple's
disk utility. I would like to install YDL on the partition, free space,
for it. The text installer does not recognize the drive, only
recognizes the internal drive of my eMac. Is there a way to install
directly on the external drive or must I install only on the internal
drive which is not preferred.
Thanks for the help, Bob