401 on an external drive

Colin Ward cward1 at btconnect.com
Tue Apr 26 14:22:19 MDT 2005

From: Robert Nuzum <rnuzum at verizon.net>
Subject: install ydl 4.01 on external firewire drive
To: Yellow Dog Linux Newbie List
    <yellowdog-newbie at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>

I've asked for help here before but decided to renew request. I have a
120  gig external firewire drive which has been partitioned by Apple's
disk utility. I would like to install YDL on the partition, free space,
for it. The text installer does not recognize the drive, only
recognizes the internal drive of my eMac. Is there a way to install
directly on the external drive or must I install only on the internal
drive which is not preferred.
Thanks for the help, Bob

I'll have to jump in here, It's painful seeing all your posts here and you
not getting anyware.
I think you would be better off installing on an internal drive. Unless your
an experienced user your just not gonna get there.

Why not install YDL on your internal drive and OSX on the fire-ware? Would
save you a lot of trouble. The installer from the YLD 4.0.1 cd is NOT going
to see your Fire-wire drive, simple as that.
Colin