torrents: any peers?

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 16:50:29 MDT 2005

Linux on PPC is not hugely popular enough for many to have the torrent
open atm...

Unless you -need- to get it from BitTorrent, HEANet offer a 1Gbit
mirror, albeit in the Republic of Ireland, but they don't restrict
access.

As an incidental sidenote, I think they also mirror the YDL yum
repositories, and their servers are far too powerful and have more
than enough bandwidth to not be swamped... must look into that... my
ping to them is <100msec, considering they are just down the road both
by distance and by my pipe.

http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/yellowdog/iso/ contains the ISO. They also
mirror basically every other distro around.

Cian