Orion 4.0.1 and internet http

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Thu May 12 12:18:04 MDT 2005

On 5/12/05, mailing by Giardina Software <mailing at giardina-software.org> wrote:
> thanks Eric,
>
> thanks for your suggestions, but YD report a choice as -Internet
> connection- and it's named Airport  (i have only an card not the base
> ). Pb 12' haven't slot PCI. Is it impossible, i think, that YD doesn't
> support wi-fi apple, YD is the major distro under Apple architecture..
>
> any other idea?

Hi Marco,

1. You can get a USB wireless adapter and use it with YDL.

2 I just checked and all models of the 12" PB only support Airport
Extreme cards.

There are two types of Apple-brand wireless cards which fit into
Apple's special slot.

1. Airport = 802.11b (11 Mbps)
2. Airport Extreme = 802.11g (54 Mbps)

Pre-2003 Macs use Airport (802.11b) while 2003 & newer Macs use
Airport Extreme (802.11g). Airport and Airport Extreme can talk to
each other but the cards CANNOT be used in the other type of slot.

Linux info:
Linux (YDL, Ubuntu, etc.) can only support Airport cards because the
protocols for that card type have been published. The supplier for
Airport Extreme cards will not publish the info needed to write the
drivers for those cards which is why all types of Linux cannot support
Airport Extreme.

Eric.