hellish - don't bother

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 05:57:45 MDT 2005

It's a learning experience! You'll know so much more about your
computer and how computers work after you've dabbled in Linux. It's
not great for day-to-day work (though, there are a few people who'd
disagree) since most of Linux-related software is still in "beta".
Only things like basic editors (vi, gedit, pico, etc.) and web
browsers are as good OR BETTER than any commercial or closed but not
commercial software that you could find.

PS You may also want to check out Ubuntu -- it's designed under a
philosophy which eschews the kitchen sink (and, it's almost certain
that it'll be available for the i86 Macs since it's already present on
x86).

Eric.