Which is the "safest" model for YDL?

Collin O'Neill coneill at pobox.com
Mon Jun 13 10:06:30 MDT 2005

I've had good luck with the older G4 towers - I've been using them
because they are my old graphics computers.  One caveat: the early DVD
reader has a hard time reading the installation disks.  It seems to only
boot up the OSX installation disks.

I've got one green G4 400MHz in production for email (plus antivirus,
spam checking) and intranet/webmail for 50 users and it's working
great.  The other is a test web server and it's also working well.

I gave up on the Power Macs.  In short, they are too underpowered to run
anything useful unless you REALLY need a processor driven DHCP router or
something like that.
-Collin