Activating built-in Ethernet on my Blue & White running YDL 4.0.1 (Answer found)

Norberto Quintanar nquintanar at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 09:20:05 MDT 2005

You get the n00b award of the day.  Congrats on finding your own
answer.

--- icl051 <icl051 at mac.com> wrote:

> My apologies, I should have looked a bit harder.
>
> The solution was found on this site
>
> http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/installation/
>
> Please ignore my previous mail.
>
> Sean.
>
> On 6 Aug 2005, at 14:51, icl051 wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've seen this discussed in the list archives but didn't really
> > find a solution to the issue.
> >
> > I've installed YDL 4.0.1 on a Blue & White 350MHz and am using
> the
> > built-in Ethernet. Ethernet works fine when booted in to OS 9 or
> OS
> > X but not in Linux.
> >
> > ifup eth0 says that the device does not seem to be present.
> >
> > Network Configuration gives conflicting information. I the
> hardware
> > tab, it says that eth0 is ok and is described as GMAC (Sun GEM).
> If
> > I go to the Devices tab though and try to activate the static IP
>
> > configuration I've created, it says that eth0 does not seem to be
>
> > present (just like ifup reports).
> >
> > I'm experience with OS X but very new to Linux. Could anyone
> > suggest an idiot's way to get ethernet working on my machine
> please?

--Norberto Quintanar

"You belong to something bigger. From birth. And your life is spent rediscovering the underlying principles, through various players -- coaches, mentors, teachers, spouses, kids. It's in your genes. Your responsibility. Destiny. Is all on you.  Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
--Norberto Quintanar