Install from CD distro onto external FW drive...?

Vic Winkler vicweast at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 7 12:42:17 MDT 2005

Hi

I can boot the install disks on a number of different generation Apple powerbooks (G3 and G4 Al).  Graphical install interface comes up and when I get to the partition choices my external Firewire drives (none of them, various generations) show up in the selection list.  What's up?

(My goal is to install YDL on an external drive and run from that, versus altering my laptop drives in any manner.)

thanks
vic