Trying to install on a 3400c PowerBook. Help!

Deacon Nikolai deaconnikolai at stanosheck.com
Mon Aug 8 18:05:26 MDT 2005

Dear Derick,

     I apologize for not being clearer.

I originally meant to install 4.0.1 on my 3400c but thanks to you I
realized this was not possible. After finally burning the CDs
correctly, I installed 4.0.1 on my iBook running Mac OSX 10.4.2. This
was very simple for me and has been running like a dream.

     Daily I seem to keep learning more from both trial and error and
your emails. What I am having trouble with now is my 3400c. I have a
minimal install of Mac OS 8.5 on it. I got BootX working finally and
am able to get it to start booting from the 3.0.1 CD to install.
However I am getting errors when trying this. It does not always stop
at the same point, but I have gotten various messages before it
stopped including most often "I can't recover from this" and "Warning
unable to open an initial console" and "Will reboot in 180 seconds".

     I have been trying to access the site you mention on my iBook,
but keep getting this error when trying: Safari can’t open the page
“http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/start” because it could not
connect to the server “www.sharplabs.com”. yet I can got to
www.sharplabs.com just fine!

     I will try going to in in Firefox after I get it from Yum thanks
to your help! Thank you again Derick!

In Christ,
Deacon Nikolai
http://www.Stanosheck.com