Processor Upgrades

Norberto Quintanar nquintanar at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 22:11:31 MDT 2005

Why reinvent the wheel?  Follow the instructions for setting up your
computer using BootX, found on the terrasoft website, then follow the
instructions found here:
<http://www.yellowdog-board.com/viewtopic.php?t=381>

Good luck
Norberto
http://www.quintanar.net

--- yellowdoghelp at mac.com wrote:

> Well,
>
>    I purchased from EBAY recently a pristine condition. Wallstreet
> Laptop with all the bells and whistles. It has 384mb of ram, a 60gb
> hard drive, dvd rom, zip drive, etc. I also purchased a 500mhz G4
> Sonnet Upgrade card. After I upgraded the card I tried installing
> OS X but was un successful. I also think that OS X is WAY too
> bloated to run on my little machine. Then, in walks Linux...
>
> I have been "Thinking" about purchasing a flavor of Linux for some
> time now but I have never taken that first step, mainly because I
> work with Windows soooooooo much during my daily activities (I am a
> college student). Now I read about YDL and I just purchased it and
> I am anticipating it's arrival very soon. I can't wait to breathe
> some new life into my Wallstreet!
>
> Brian
>
> On Wednesday, August 17, 2005, at 08:42PM, Norberto Quintanar
> <nquintanar at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Yes, YDL 3.0 definitely.  Why don't you tell us more about your
> >machine?
> >
> >Norberto Quintanar
> >--- yellowdoghelp at mac.com wrote:
> >
> >> Does Yellow Dog Linux work with the Sonnet Processor Upgrade
> Cards?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Brian P. Rosser

> Thanks,
>
> Brian P. Rosser

--Norberto Quintanar

"You belong to something bigger. From birth. And your life is spent rediscovering the underlying principles, through various players -- coaches, mentors, teachers, spouses, kids. It's in your genes. Your responsibility. Destiny. Is all on you.  Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
--Norberto Quintanar