What kind of nightmare.....

Matthew McGraw mm0204 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 23 09:17:21 MDT 2005

QUOTE:
I just purchased YDL from the website (With the Manuals). I have an
honest question and would appreciate an honest answer :O)

How easy/hard if YDL to install on my Macintosh? Is it pretty
straightforward? I was reading the HOW-TO's for Debian Linux and I must
admit I was confused as hell...

Thanks,

Brian P. Rosser
END QUOTE:

Cheers, Brian.....

Welcome to the fun and exciting world of Linux.  I have been playing
with open-source OS's for several years, beginning with FreeBSD 4.4 on
an old Pentium I i got at a garage sale and most recently installing
Suse 9.1 on a pIII 1ghz.... I also have YDL 3x installed on my eMac G3.
  It works perfectly... the install was extremely straightforward and i
was up, running. surfing, e-mailing, printing... etc, within an hour of
receiving my disks....

the usual caveat is, of course, YMMV (your mileage may vary).  you
didnt say what kind of mac you have (desktop/laptop), what kind of
processor, or anything else... for myself, YDL is the only distro i was
able to get running on my eMac.

What i would say, as a "self-taught" linux fan, is go for it.  You will
be happy with the end result, not just b/c you will have a stable,
fast, sweet-looking OS, but b/c you will have done it yourself and
learned something along the way.  IT'S FUN!

feel free to post your questions to the list, we are happy to help.

keep smilin,
matt