How to configure a USB 802.11b key (wireless dongle)

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Tue Aug 30 05:55:52 MDT 2005

I'm not at all sure I'm interpreting your information correctly.  But
it may be that although you have the source for 2.6.10 you may not have
compiled the source nor have selected those other kernel options which
make and allow the advanced kernel to use the new features or options
it offers beyond 2.6.8 (which could include the drivers, etc. to run
the devices you are interested in.  Remember that if you don't select
the options for those drivers before the kernel is actually built the
kernel will and can build itself -- after invocation, to do so of
course, only with standard settings).