Video Problems Continue...

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Tue Aug 30 07:27:28 MDT 2005

It seems, Mr. Rosser, that you were doubly blessed by the noodly
appendage.  Congratulations I'm sure are in order from your
compatriots.

If they had been willing, I'm sure they could have informed you what is
well known ... laptops, notebooks and that class of portable computers
only can use the cards that are built into them.  Computer software
designers assume and the logic within Linux programs assume that if a
selection is made for a video card or any other device, it physically
exists first and is attached or part of the system which the kernel can
communicate with.

Regardless of what his royal noodleness preaches, prefers or wishes ...
selecting a different option of video card within KDE (or any other
user interface desktop environment) will not make that version of your
selection magically appear within your portable regardless what
incantations or mantras or prayers or whatever it is you say to his
noodleness, or otherwise offer or do for him.

Again, this is why we can't help you.  You are not only using an Old
World machine, the principles and expectations you are operating with
and which you stated as attempting to employ do not exist in this
universe.  You may have to request an immediate relocation procedure
from his noodleness.

May you have a pleasant voyage....