yellowdog-newbie Digest, Vol 13, Issue 11

joseph Woollacott starknight83 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 05:25:47 MDT 2005

RE:  1. Question about start-up error (Chris Cowing-Zitron)

The failed bit at startup is nothing to worry about unless you are
running a raid setup (which i doubt on a ibook)   From wikipedia.com
"Mdmpd is a computer program for the Linux Operating System. It is
part of the mdadm package written and copyrighted by Red Hat. The
program is used to monitor multi-path devices (raid) devices, and is
usually started at boot time as a service, and afterwards running as a
daemon."   you can disable this in the services menu