YDL, ethernet, appletalk & LW

Gerald Raddatz oaklad at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 22 19:39:45 MDT 2005

I want to be able to use my LW16/600 with YDL 4 on a
G4 AGP Macintosh. It is connected with a crossover
cable through an Asante FriendlyNet box. YDL is
installed on the only hard drive in the computer.
Bootup shows both eth0 and CUPS to be up. I have been
unable to print to the printer. The printer is named:
grad.

ifconfig eth0 shows:
192.168.1.1
net mask
255.255.255.0
broadcast
192.168.1.255

The printer has an inet address of; 127.0.0.1

Whenever I try to config CUPS using networked UNIX I
am asked for a Server and Queue name.

I have used: 127.0.0.1 for the server
and lp1 for the Queue name.

Will I also have to download, install and config
Netatalk?

Any suggestions or pointers?

Thanks