Help with IWCONFIG

Paul Pollock pbell3 at npgcable.com
Sun Sep 25 19:35:22 MDT 2005

I have a IBook/800Mhz, dual booted.
     YDL KUDZU automatically sets ethernet to eth1, while it tends to
set the wireless card to eth0. THIS IS BACKWARDS, and is why these
ports generally don't work until corrected. Apple addresses these as
ethernet as eth0, and airport as eth1. So far, I have yet to get
airport (original card) to work, but by using the Network Config tool
to re-address the ethernet as eth0, I have been able to get ethernet
to work, and have gotten it to get on the Internet. The ethernet port
must be attached to an actual active network (cable-modem, router,
etc), otherwise the changes made in the config program will not take.
Once addressed properly, KUDZU errors anyway, but the config data
gets read anyhow, and the port gets re-addressed correctly and
becomes active. Works everytime on a good network. These goofups are
some of the reasons why I only dabble with YDL, and use OSX mainly.
Waiting to see what YDL 4.1 (coming soon) improves.

-Paul Pollock <pbell3 at npgcable.com