Help with IWCONFIG

Adam Boettiger boettiger at pobox.com
Sun Sep 25 21:38:31 MDT 2005

I think the wireless issue is a huge reason why there aren't more users. I'd
be in YDL nearly all the time if the issue was easy to resolve. Right now
I'm torn between Ubuntu and YDL. Both are Mac-friendly. Dunno how easy it is
to get wireless access set up on Ubuntu.

It would be really nice to know, for example, if given the following three
options, which would be most optimal for using to access a WLAN and the
easiest way to config:

A) Internal airport extreme card included with PowerBook G4

B) ASUS 802.11g 54Mbps Wireless Access Point, WL-330g (external device plugs
into network port and taps USB port for power, claims to require no drivers.

C) Netgear 108Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter, WG111T, comes with USB cable
and velcro so you can position it for best reception.

My guess is that B will be the one that works best, since it requires no
drivers, however I've yet to get it to configure properly - either manually
or using the wizard in YDL. User error I am sure since I am new to YDL.

/AB