YDL sound support for a G3 b&w clamshell

Francisco Oseguera G. foseguerag at terra.com
Tue Nov 29 08:01:49 MST 2005

Thanks, Derick; OK, then that means I'll have to wait or downgrade. Since I don't want to take the second choice, if I choose to wait, do you know if YDL 4.1 will solve this, so that I'll be able to play music in it again?

And, thinking of it again, it brings to my mind the question about buying YDL at the online store, with installation support. To me, it's kind of "the hen vs. the egg, who was first?". As many others, I'd be glad to pay TSS for YDL but this only as long as it works on my G3 ibook as flawless as it works on my daughter's G3 imac.

Does anyone (especially at TSS, of course) know if sound on my ibook is close to be supported again by YDL?

Regards
Francisco Oseguera G.

> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 13:21:07 -0500
> From: Derick Centeno
> Subject: Re: YDL on a G3 b&w clamshell
> To: Yellow Dog Linux Newbie List

> This might clear up those hardware considerations for YDL 4.0.1:
>
> http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/hardware/breakdown/index.php
>

> On Nov 28, 2005, at 10:44 AM, Francisco Oseguera G. wrote:
>
> > Hi, all. I was reading one of Derick's contributions to the forum,
> > which contains the following:
> > >
> > > Just as a quick overview YDL 3 and earlier are best used for G3 and
> > > earlier based Macs. The current version is YDL 4.0.1 which many
> > modern
> > > G4 and G5 Macs utilize best.
> > >
> > ...and I then realized that, perhaps, I'm not using the most
> > appropiate version of YDL (4.0.1) on my G3 ibook; as a matter of fact,
> > except of sound, everything works quite well. On the sound issue, I
> > cannot listen to CDs, not to say MP3 or midis; the only sound it
> > emmits is the system beep.
> > ?
> > To me, it's been interesting to note that, on my daughter's imac (G3
> > b&w as well), with the very same 4.0.1, the sound dept. works
> > remarkably well, which sets me kind of envious...
> > ?
> > Any comment, suggestion, unrest, marketing, etc. on the subject, will
> > be very wellcome.
> > ?
> > Regards
> > Francisco Oseguera G.
> > ?
> > p.s. Derick: this time your contribution was warmer and, hence,
> > more?agreable to read. Thank you.
¡Sobre autos lo sabemos todo, y te podemos ayudar!
Ya sea para comprar, vender o comparar autos, entra en el canal de autos de Terra.com
Te aconsejamos, te informamos y te mostramos todo lo que necesitas saber.
http://www.terra.com/autos