using samba

Taylan Pince taylan at orangeslices.net
Mon Dec 5 15:18:04 MST 2005

hello again,

i actually managed to set up the server and create a successful link
between mac os x and my linux machine. right now, three different
users are using the samba server, and we are very happy with it.

i had the exact same problems described on the page you have sent.
but i couldn't fix the issue from the mac os x end. instead, i went
back to my smb.conf file, reconfigured all the users from scratch,
and then it suddenly started working. i am not sure, but i think the
problem was with the smbusers file, where i had tried to link
different usernames together.

anyway, it's all working now. i also managed to set up the ftp and
apache servers. thanks for all your help, cheers!

taylan