Parition Problem on G3 Installtion

Olaf Olson oolson at hadleyconnection.com
Thu Jan 12 23:14:45 MST 2006

I have a G3 B&W, with two drives. One is 80 Gb and the other is 200Gb.
The 200 Gb is partitioned into two smaller pieces (It's my wife's
machine and she won't let me look to see exactly what the sizes are). I
don't think this is what's causing the problem. Even then, it sounds
like Stephen is installing on a blank disk. The installer should be able
to  specify how to partition the entire disk and doesn't need anything
else to decide what to do with it, unless...

Was the drive already partitioned, using the apple utilities? Even if
you are planning to erase the entire drive, in favor of a complete YDL
installation and takeover of the drive, the section of the drive you're
intending to use must be labeled as unused disk space, in order for the
installer to deal with it. At least, that's what YDL 3.0 required. I
suspect that 4 will do the same. I admit that I haven't upgraded, yet.

Olaf