G5 fan revving problems with YDL 4.0.1?

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Fri Jan 20 14:11:45 MST 2006

Ok.

 From the OS X side, go under the apple menu select About This Mac.
Then click upon more info. Check under Hardware and see if you find
something under Fan Control.
At this point I'm guessing (I don't have a G5); if Fan Control is
anywhere it should show up there.  If you select it, the firmware
details should show up.

This is just a hunch, but you may just get more information by
accessing the Console within the Utilities Folder, which is found
within the Applications folder -- at least it is there in OS X 10.3.9.
So open Console and look at it's logs -- all of them since we don't
know actually where this information would be.  It makes sense however
that all hardware would report output to the console log.  So why not
look there?  Just guessing of course, but maybe this could lead to
something useful.

Best of luck...