Yellow Dog Linux 4.1???

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 16:47:20 MST 2006

On 1/21/06, Brian Durant <RoadTripDK at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> I have been thinking about purchasing YDL 4.1 as a box set, but all
> TerrraSoft's store says is "coming soon". Hasn't YDL 4.1 been released
> yet??? I thought 4.0.1 was downloadable because 4.1 had been released.

For those of you who don't follow links (for those of you who do, see
Derick's post ;-):

QUESTION: How are new releases launched?
1. When a new version of Yellow Dog Linux is considered GA (General
Availability), it is launched from YDL.net. Please note that pre-GA
versions (ie: RC1) do not trigger the glass-master process (next
bullet).

2. A glass master of the Install and Source CDs are sent to the CD
replication facility for mass production. This process requires
roughly 10 business days turn-around.

3. When the mass produced product is received at TSS HQ, the TSS Store
goes live with shipping product. This typically occurs 2-3 weeks after
the launch of GA product at YDL.net.

4. Two weeks after shipment from TSS HQ, Yellow Dog Linux is made
freely available from the public mirrors.