stuck with YDL 2.3 on older PowerMac

Michael Traynor obliquepanic at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 30 08:45:47 MST 2006

Dear All,
I have been running an old world Mac clone with YDL 2.3 for a year or
so as a web server (I had a problem installing from the 3.0.1 CDs at
the time and only 2.3. installed properly - that's another story).
Recently I wanted to install Wordpress bloging software on the server
but discovered that PHP and Mysql weren't talking to eachother
properly (I think there was no php-mysql module). So, struggling all
the way I have been trying to upgrade what I have, first using apt-
get which seemed to do lots of updating then downloaded RPMs of the
versions of Apache, Mysql and PHP from the YDL 3 repositories. When I
tried to install them, I got lots of dependency  errors for various
libraries and other files - just when I was feeling optimistic and
that I had learnt something.  Should I now download and try to
install all the files that rpm says I need or will I end up just with
more dependency problems?

All I really wanted to do was get php and mysql working together
properly... but an upgrade seemed a good idea at the time.

thanks to anyone that has a view on this,
Michael

Michael Traynor
ObliquePanic
and