WMV9 codec for xine?

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 07:06:11 MST 2006

> Anyway, you could join their mailing list and submit a feature request.
>   It shouldn't be a big deal as they support WMV.  They have other
> backends, you could also explore those at their website.  The variety
> however is rather easy to get lost in.

Derick - its an absolutely massive deal, there is close to zero
information on how the codec works, and its completely different from
the old WMV1 and WMV2 codecs. They cannot support it easily, at all.
They also, as every other media player does, get their Windows Media
Everything support from FFmpeg, not any codecs of their own. I suggest
you do some research before posting in future...

Cian